Toy Story Mania (full name Toy Story Midway Mania) can currently be enjoyed at two parks, one being the Walt Disney World resort in Florida, the other the Disneyland theme park in California. The Florida version of the attraction opened officially on May 31st, 2008, while the California one was opened in June of the same year. Currently, there is a third version of Toy Story Mania slated to open at Japan DisneySea in 2012.
Toy Story Mania is a 3D interactive attraction that requires its visitors to wear 3D goggles. They are then seated in ride vehicles that seat four back-to-back pairs, and the vehicles spin through various classic midway carnival games that the visitors participate in.
The attraction itself consists of a practice round followed by five mini games. If the players do particularly well, there are special bonus games that can be triggered over the course of the mini game. The mini games include:
– Pie Throw Practice Booth (pie toss target practice game, a no points introduction)
– Hamm & Eggs (egg throw game now featuring Buttercup from Toy Story 3)
– Rex and Trixie’s Dino Darts (dart throw game; once Bo Peep’s Baa-loon Pop)
– Green Army Men Shoot Camp (baseball throw / plate breaking game)
– Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers (ring toss game)
– Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery (suction cup shooting game)
Each visitor’s score is kept track of during the ride and available for comparison at the end of the attraction’s run. This makes Toy Story Mania a great place to have a little friendly competition with the members of your group and other Disney guests. Be sure not to miss it on your next visit to Walt Disney World.